I am a Registered Dietitian yet. Everything written on this blog is my personal opinion and knowledge unless otherwise cited (aka from another source for which I give credit). It is not meant to be taken as medical advice for I am not qualified to provide that. Please meet with a doctor for medical advice or a Registered Dietitian for personalized nutrition advice.
If I were to describe myself in one word it would be: foodie. My passion bloomed in Burlington, Vermont, a place full of bountiful local food options, farm to table restaurants, farmers’ markets, and craft breweries. I have since moved to Boston and while different, the food scene does not disappoint. I have a restaurant bucket list for the area and always look forward to crossing places off. The challenge is that I always want to go back!
When I’m not out trying new restaurants, cafes, breweries, and wineries I am at home cooking. Apartment kitchens have unique challenges from the size to the appliances and so on. But I don’t let that stop me. Trying new recipes is definitely a hobby of mine, but I also have a few standard recipes that are made repeatedly (think avocado egg toast and fried rice…).
In December of 2016 I finished my dietetic internship throughout the state of Vermont and graduated with my masters the following May. In June I started my first job as a clinical dietitian. Follow along on my career path and foodie adventures here.
Random facts about me:
- I am a twin. It’s part of my identity.
- I can’t go a day without peanut butter.
- My favorite fruit is blueberries…I love to pick them and eat them by the handful.
- My entire family loves sweets. And wine. Definitely wine.
- I am not a vegetarian (everyone asks me that and I don’t know why).
- My sister has a puppy and I love her like my own. #dogaunt
- My happy place is in Maine on a lake.
- The worst chore ever invented is laundry.
- My favorite chore is grocery shopping (wouldn’t even call it a chore).
- I studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain and it was the best experience of my life.
- Hobbies include hiking, running, yoga, cooking, trying new restaurants/breweries/wineries, watching Netflix (does that count?)