I am not a registered dietitian yet. Everything written on this blog is my personal opinion and knowledge unless otherwise cited (aka from another source for which I give credit). It is not meant to be taken as medical advice for I am not qualified to provide that.
If I were to describe myself in one word it would be: foodie. I live in such a great place full of bountiful local food options, farm to table restaurants, farmers’ markets, and craft breweries. I have a restaurant bucket list for the area and always look forward to crossing places off. The challenge is that I always want to go back!
When I’m not out trying new restaurants, cafes, breweries, and wineries I am at home enjoying my tiny apartment. It comes with an extremely tiny kitchen which is adorable and has character, but can be challenging. Lucky for me, I am short and the hanging pots and pans don’t bother me. Put someone else in the kitchen with me and that would be a nightmare…more leftovers for me! Trying new recipes is definitely a hobby of mine, but I also have a few standard recipes that are made repeatedly (think avocado egg toast…).
In December of 2016 I finished my dietetic internship throughout the state of Vermont and now I am in my final semester of graduate school. Come May I will graduate with an MS and then (fingers crossed) become a certified RDN. Stay tuned…
Random facts about me:
- I am a twin. It’s part of my identity.
- I can’t go a day without peanut butter.
- My favorite fruit is blueberries…I love to pick them and eat them by the handful.
- My entire family loves sweets. And wine. Definitely wine.
- I am not a vegetarian (everyone asks me that and I don’t know why).
- My sister has a puppy and I love her like my own. #dogaunt
- My happy place is in Maine on a lake.
- The worst chore ever invented is laundry.
- My favorite chore is grocery shopping (wouldn’t even call it a chore).
- I studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain and it was the best experience of my life.
- Hobbies include hiking, running, yoga, cooking, trying new restaurants/breweries/wineries, watching Netflix (does that count?)